This tutorial will step through how to perform a basic integration between an Excel document and Sage, all necessary files can be found within the download section of this site, there is also a workflow for your provision.
Note however, none of the documents includes any tax information. So if you were to use these as they are currently set up, the data will be imported in to Sage depending on how your package is currently configured to handle tax.
Converting Excel to XML
This task will convert your Excel spreadsheet in to XML format.
- Include HeadersSet this to true if the task should export column headers in the XLS file
- Input FileName of the Excel file you are looking to process.
- Worksheet NameName of the worksheet to query e.g sheet1
- Output FileThe name of the XML file to create containing the XML representation of the Excel worksheet
This task will transform the data outputted from the previous task in to the appropriate format.
- Input FileThe name of the XML file created in the previous task by Zynk.
- Output FileThe name of the XML file that will be transformed the XSLT file.
- ParametersContains any Parameters set in the XSLT file (none in this case).
- XSLT FileThe name of the file used to transform the Input File in to the Output File of this task.
Importing Invoices into Sage 50 UK
This task will import your transformed invoices in to Sage .
- Input FileThe Output File of the previous task.
- Fail FileA file for any unsuccessful invoices to be posted to.
- Success FileA file for any successful invoices to be posted to.
Archive Workflow Data
- Archive FolderThe folder for all files used in this task to be archived to.
You can download all the necessary files to perform this integration from our GitHub site.
If you have any queries on any of the above, feel free to contact our support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on 0191 303 7279. Please note, as stated on the Auto Mapper task we do not support any changes to XSLT.
Back | Edit on Github