This task will import invoice information to Sage 50 that is supplied in Zynk XML format.
Sage 50 Connection
The connection to Sage 50 UK to use. See the Connecting to Sage 50 UK article if you require more information on how to create/manage connections.
Auto Generate References
- Account Reference Convention - Used when auto generating account references. Select a method for generating the alphabetic part of the account reference. The following options are available:
- CompanyOtherwiseFullName - The company name will be used if provided, otherwise the customers full name.
- CompanyOtherwiseForenameSurname - The company name will be used if provided, otherwise the customers forename followed by surname.
- CompanyOtherwiseSurnameForename - The company name will be used if provided, otherwise the customers surname followed by forename.
- ForenameSurname - The customers forename followed by surname.
- SurnameForename - The customers surname followed by forename.
- Alphabetic Length - Used when auto generating account references. Controls the number of alphabetic characters to use in the generated account reference (e.g. 3 may produce an account reference starting with ABC)
- Auto Generate Account Ref - Set this to True to have the task auto-create an account reference if one is not provided in the input file, or an account reference is not found in the truth table based on the customer Id. Set to False to prevent new account references being generated automatically.
- Mask - This will prefix any account reference generated by Zynk, for example, if the account reference was ‘INT001’ and the mask was ‘Z-‘ the account reference would be set to ‘Z-INT001’ in Sage. Wild cards can be used to insert characters at certain positions in the account reference. For example, the mask ???-??? may produce the account reference ‘INT-001’.
- Numeric Length - Used when auto generating account references. Controls the number of numeric characters to use in the generated account reference (e.g. 3 may produce an account reference ending in 001)
- Regular Expression - The regular expression to use for stripping out undesired characters from the generated account reference. E.g. use
\s*to strip out any spaces
Create Multiple Delivery Addresses
Set this value to True if you need to create multiple delivery addresses each time a new delivery address is added, False will not create delivery addresses on the customer record
Match Accounts On
The list of fields to use to try and find an existing account in Sage which matches with the customer in the input file. These settings will only be used if there is no account reference provided for the customer in the input file, and no account reference found in the truth table based on the customer Id. When multiple fields are selected, only customers in Sage where the value of all fields matches those in the input file will be considered a match. The following fields are supported:
- Company Name
The name of a file for “failed” imports to be sent to
The source file that you want to import in Zynk XML format
The name of a file for “successful” imports to be sent to.
Default Account Reference
If the Account Ref is missing from the Input File this option sets the account reference to the one specified e.g. WEBSALES.
Default Bank Account
The default bank account to use for posting sales receipts when a bank account is not provided in the input file. This setting defaults to 1200.
Set this to ‘True’ to check whether the record Id supplied in the input XML file has already been imported, and if so skip the record.
Use Manual Invoice Number
Set this value to True if you are providing your own invoice number in the input XML, or set to False to have Sage assign the next available invoice number.
Auto Create Account
Set this value to True if you require customer accounts to be created automatically if they do not already exist in Sage. Setting to False will cause the order to fail import if the account does not already exist.
Auto Create Products
Set this value to True if you require products which are not in Sage to be created automatically. Setting to False will cause the invoice to fail import if a product does not exist.
Convert To Account Currency
Set to True to convert the currency provided on the invoice to the Sage customer account currency. If this setting is set to False and the invoice currency does not match the account currency, the invoice will fail to import.
Default Product Code
Specify a default product code to use when a product code is missing from the input file (e.g. MISC).
Prices Include Tax
If this option is set to ‘True’ Zynk should treat the UnitPrice in the XML as VAT inclusive.
Read Sales Ledger Data
Set to True to use the name and address from the customer account in Sage rather than those in the input file.
Custom VAT settings to use during the import, see here for more details.
See Common Task Settings
Sample input file, for full documentation and samples see Sage 50 UK Invoice XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Company xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <Invoices> <Invoice> <Id>123</Id> <AccountReference>JOE001</AccountReference> <CustomerOrderNumber>123</CustomerOrderNumber> <TakenBy>Website</TakenBy> <InvoiceDeliveryAddress> <Title>Mr</Title> <Forename>Joe</Forename> <Middlename>E</Middlename> <Surname>Harrison</Surname> <Suffix>Jr.</Suffix> <Company>Zynk Software Limited</Company> <Address1>Nelson House</Address1> <Address2>Fleming Business Centre</Address2> <Address3>Jesmond</Address3> <Town>Newcastle upon Tyne</Town> <Postcode>NE2 3AE</Postcode> <County>Tyne & Wear</County> </InvoiceDeliveryAddress> <InvoiceItems> <Item> <Sku>PROD001</Sku> <Name>Sample Product</Name> <QtyOrdered>1</QtyOrdered> <UnitPrice>20.00</UnitPrice> <UnitDiscountPercentage>10</UnitDiscountPercentage> <NominalCode>4000</NominalCode> <TaxCode>1</TaxCode> <Department>1</Department> </Item> </InvoiceItems> <Notes1>Website 1</Notes1> <Notes2>Leave next door</Notes2> <Notes3>Paid by PayPal</Notes3> </Invoice> </Invoices> </Company>
Back | Edit on Github